The light, slightly sweet anise flavor of fennel gets a boost from roasting. Silky and tender when cooked, it's a alternative to a green salad when paired with a roast, chicken or pork.
|Author: Chef Luke Palladino|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 35 minutes|
|Total time: 50 minutes|
- 1/4 cup fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced vertically
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme, washed
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl combine well with a spoon or your hands.
- Place in a roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Roast in oven for 35 minutes or until tender, but not mushy.
- Remove foil and cool fennel at room temperature.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.