Blini, similar to French crepes, are thin Russian pancakes that can be served with sweet fruit fillings or savory items such as cheese, mushrooms or meat.
|Author: Chef Billy Parisi|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter + more for pan coating
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs until beaten and then whisk in all the other ingredients until well combined. Let the batter rest for a few minutes.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-low heat add a small amount of butter.
- Using a small ladle or tablespoon pour in a small amount of batter to the pan (should be a bout 1 to 2 inches in diameter) and cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Fill with your choice of sweet or savory ingredients and serve.