|Author: 2nd Annual Plugrá Magnifique Recipe Contest|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 30 minutes|
|Total time: 45 minutes|
- 1/2 cup Beaujolais Nouveau or Beaujolais Villages wine
- 1 shallot, large, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh, ground
- 4 tarragon sprigs, fresh
- 6 chervil stems
- 1/2 pound Butter, salted, softened
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns, coarsely crushed optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tarragon leaves, snipped
- Reduce wine, shallots, pepper, tarragon, and chervil in a flared saucepan over moderate heat to 1/4 cup, about 15-18 minutes. Strain and discard solids.
- Return wine reduction to the saucepan and reduce by half. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip butter until smooth and light. Drizzle wine reduction in to butter and whip to combine.
- Fold in peppercorns and tarragon until well combined.
- Shape into a log using parchment or wax paper. Refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours), slice into thin rounds as needed or transfer to plastic wrap to store.