Beef Brochettes with Black Pepper and Herb Butter
Beef Brochettes, made with red peppers, onion, beef tenderloin, peppers, and mushrooms, then basted in rich Plugrá butter, scallions, parsley, and other fresh seasonings.
|Author: The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College|
|Prep time: 45 minutes|
|Total time: 45 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup scallions (or chives)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon basil (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon marjoram (fresh or dried)
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 3 pounds beef tenderloin cut into 1-1/2 cubes (substitute filets, flank steak or N.Y. Strip)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- fresh cracked black pepper as needed
- 2 red peppers (cut into 1 inch squares)
- 2 green peppers (cut into 1 inch squares)
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 8 metal skewers or wood skewers soaked in water
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare herb butter
- Mix softened butter, shallots, scallions, parsley, thyme, basil, oregano, marjoram, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Blend well.
- Roll into log using plastic wrap or parchment. Chill and reserve.
- Place red peppers, onion, beef, green pepper in sequence on skewers.Repeat sequence until each skewer is full. Finish each end with a mushroom cap.
- Season brochettes with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Add garlic and cracked black pepper.
- Heat grill. Brush with oil.
- Soften a portion of the herb butter compound.
- Brush onto brochettes. Let sit for one hour.
- Place brochettes on grill. Baste with herb butter compound and cook until meat is medium rare.
- Place on a serving platter.