|Author: Patti LaBelle, Entertainer|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces Butter unsalted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic, mince
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup basic fish stock
- 1/4 cup beer, room temperature
- Rinse shrimp in cold water, drain, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasoning mix ingredients.
- Combine 4 ounces of butter, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning mix in a large skillet over high heat.
- When butter is melted, add the shrimp. Cook for about 2 minutes, shaking the pan gently back and forth.
- Add the remaining butter and fish stock. Continue cooking for another few minutes.
- Add the beer and cook for a minute or so longer.
- Remove from heat. Serve immediately in bowls with French bread for dipping or with rice.