Baked Potato with Crème Fraîche and Pancetta Agnolotti with Brown Butter Sauce
|Author: Chef Marc Forgione|
|Prep time: 45 minutes|
|Cooking time: 1 hour|
|Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes|
- Baked Potato Ravioli Filling
- 1 1/2 cups Creme Fraiche
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons bacon, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Ravioli Pasta Dough
- 2 pounds flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Brown Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup Butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup potato, blanched, diced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley leaves, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Allow filling to chill while making pasta dough.
- Make a well in 3/4 of the flour; add eggs and salt to the well and mix together slowly, adding water and remaining flour as necessary.
- Knead about 10 minutes; cover and let dough rest for 10 minutes, then knead again until very smooth.
- Prepare and cook ravioli as normal.
- Melt butter in a medium sized heavy saucepan over medium-low heat until pale golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the potato and cook, stirring, over medium heat until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the shallot, parsley and chives and cook until just soft, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.