Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
Even the pickiest kids won't be able to resist tasty greens when paired with this delicious Hollandaise sauce!
|Author: Chef Jim Coleman, Executive Chef at Normandy Farm|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- 4 egg yolks
- juice of one lemon
- pinch salt
- dash Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 cup Plugrá® European-Style Butter
- 1 bundle Asparagus (approximately 16 sticks)
- Whisk the egg yolks in a metal bowl until they are pale yellow.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice. Add the salt and tabasco sauce.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter.
- Make a double boiler by placing your pot over a boiling pot of water.
- In the double boiler, whisk the egg yolk mixture vigorously (don't scramble the egg) until the yolks have thickened and you can see the bottom of the bowl between strokes.
- Remove from heat and very slowly add (dribble) the butter into the mixture and whisk until the butter has thickened the mixture.
- Wash asparagus and trim off bottom of stems.
- In a large skillet, bring about 1/2" of water to a rapid boil. Add salt if desired.
- Add asparagus. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Drain.
- Plate and garnish with sauce before serving. (approximatly four sticks per serving).