Asparagus and Balsamic Sauce
This sauce compliments most meals – but you will be the one getting all the compliments if you follow this recipe.
|Author: Chef Alison Barshak|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 15 minutes|
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted) cubed
- 12 stalks asparagus, cut off woody ends
- Water to cover asparagus during cooking as needed
- Water with ice, to cover asparagus after done cooking as needed
- Pour balsamic vinegar into a pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce it by 1/3.
- Add heavy cream. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Whisk in Plugrá Butter a little at a time to thicken sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring water to boil. Add salt to the water, then add asparagus for ten seconds.
- Take asparagus out of boiling water and put it into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Asparagus should be totally submerged in the ice bath.
- Drain the asparagus and set aside.