Apricot and Herb Stuffing
A sweet and savory twist on a holiday staple.
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 1 hour|
|Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes|
- 4 tablespoons Plugrá® European-Style Butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups dried bread cubes
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat the butter in a large sauté pan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add celery and scallions and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion mixture with all the remaining ingredients.
- Place the stuffing in a well-greased baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.