This Apple Soup recipe will leave you warm and refreshed.
|Author: The Food Channel|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 20 minutes|
|Total time: 35 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted
- 2 onions, medium, thinly sliced
- 6 red Jonathan apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder or more or less, to taste
- sliced almonds as needed for garnish
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- 1 cup light cream to taste add up to 1 more cup to taste if desired
- In a medium sized heavy pan, melt butter and sauté onion until transparent.
- Add apples, broth, sugar and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Cooked covered over low heat until apples are soft.
- Strain apples and onion from broth and reserve, set aside both.
- Place apples and onions in a food processor and puree. Add broth, blend well. Add cream according to desired richness, chill.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Garnish with thin apple wedges and a sprinkling of sliced almonds.