Apple Basil Chutney
This Fall delight goes great with lean protein!
|Author: Chef Dewey LoSasso|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 15 minutes|
- 2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 pound Granny Smith apples, cored, chopped into 1/2" dice
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon basil, fresh, julienne
- Bring vinegar and sugar to a boil in a heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add apples, lemon juice and salt to vinegar mixture. Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring frequently, until apples are tender and mixture has reduced to a glaze-like consistency. Cover and chill to hold.
- Add basil just before serving and stir to blend.