Almond Sable Cookies
|Author: Chef Jacquy Pfeiffer|
|Prep time: 2 hours 45 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 3 hours|
- 4 ounces Butter unsalted
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons almond TPT 1 3/4 tablespoons almond powder + 1 3/4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup confectionary sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- crystal sugar as need to sprinkle on cookies before baking
- Preheat a convection oven to 325 °F, leaving the vent open.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, cake flour, and salt together until it reaches a sand-like consistency.
- Add the almond TPT and confectionary sugar.
- Gradually add the egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll the dough out to about 1/8" thick.
- Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Egg wash the cookies by brushing a mixture of egg, milk and salt over the cookies.
- Sprinkle with crystal sugar and let them rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes.
NotesMakes 2 dozen large or 3 dozen small cookies, depending on size of the cookie cutter used.
View All Recipes